The professional physicians and clinicians in Raulerson Hospital's Surgical Services Department provide a variety of inpatient and outpatient procedures, many of which are minimally invasive.
Common Conditions Treated by Surgical Services
- Bone Fractures
- Breast Disease
- Degenerative Joint Disease
- Gall Bladder Disease
- Heart Arrythmia
- Kidney Stones
- Tumors / Masses
An Endoscopy is a diagnostic procedure used to detect cancers, ulcers, strictures that can cause swallowing disorders. locate sources of internal bleeding and more. An endoscopy can be performed on hospitalized patients, as well as outpatients.
Surgical Procedures and Treatments
Some of the common procedures performed by the Surgical Services Department at Raulerson include:
- Incontinence Therapy - This refers to a minimally invasive procedure in which a small device that acts as a "pacemaker" for the bladder is surgically implanted to treat urinary and urge incontinence for patients who haven't responded well to medications and other treatments. Patients undergo a trial period with an external version of the device, prior to its implantation. The procedure is completely reversible.
- Laparoscopic Appendectomy - This refers to a minimally invasive removal of the appendix.
- Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy - This refers to a minimally invasive removal of the gall bladder.
- Laser Lithotripsy - This refers to an X-ray or ultrasound guided sound waves break kidney stones into sand-like, particles that are easily passed.
- Pacemakers & Artificial Implantable Cardioverter Defribrillator (AICD) Implantation - This refers to the procedure which implants one of these half-dollar sized devices into the pocket of the chest to correct a failed heart rhythm and/or make the heart beat regularly.
- Colon Resections - This refers to removal of part of the colon due to some types of colon cancers, Diverticulitis, intestinal blockages. In some cases colon resections can be performed laparoscopically.
- Total Joint Replacement - This refers to the surgical replacement of either shoulders, hips or knees.
Procedure Overview Videos
1796 Hwy 441 North
Okeechobee, FL 34972
How to Make an Appointment
To schedule your appointment, please contact:
Central Scheduling at (877) 331-7027
Raulerson Hospital offers online pre-registration to save time on the day of your appointment or procedure. Once you have scheduled with Central Scheduling, you may choose to pre-register for your screening mammogram or test/procedure online. Register now.
If you or a family member is in surgery, instant communication is key. Forget about being put on hold, getting mixed messages or being anxious about the situation. With InfORmer you can get regular alerts in just four easy steps. InfORmer is a new and revolutionary HCA Text Service that provides status updates to family members and friends regarding a patient-s surgery.
- Consultation with a Registered Nurse who specializes in teaching patients about pre & post-operative information as well as answer any questions about anesthesia
- Two television networks dedicated to 24/7 health news content
Contact Consult-A-Nurse any time of day or night at (863) 763-9228 to:
- Obtain a free physician referral
- Ask a health care question
- Learn about upcoming Hospital sponsored classes or events