Volunteers play a very important role at Raulerson Hospital by helping us to provide high quality, cost effective healthcare to the Raulerson Hospital community. Raulerson is extremely fortunate to have over fifty dedicated volunteers that share their time and talent with the hospital. Together, they provide a valuable service to our patients, their families, visitors and the communities we serve.
Volunteers come from every walk of life. The majority are retired, some are college students pursuing medical careers and others are high school students doing community service. All have one thing in common, a little time to share and a desire to help.
Adult volunteers work in virtually every department in the Hospital. Assignments are made based on the Hospital's need and the volunteer's availability, interest, and skill. Every effort is made to arrange a service that is rewarding to the volunteer. All of our services, either directly or indirectly, are aimed toward enhancing service to our patients and visitors.
Services include the following:
- Working in reception areas to greet patients and visitors, providing directions and information
- Delivering flowers, mail, and cards to patient rooms
- Providing wheelchair escort for patients
- Assisting with the non-clinical needs of the patients, assisting visitors
- Serving as a liaison between family and staff
- Visiting patients offering them magazines and books
- Assisting with day-to-day operations in the Gift Shop
- Assisting hospital department staff with a wide variety of tasks
Individuals that are interested in being part of a team that focuses on providing high quality and compassionate healthcare that is responsive to the needs of patients and their families are always a welcome addition to the Raulerson Hospital Auxiliary Volunteer Department.
Learn more about the steps involved in becoming a volunteer/volunteen (PDF - 51 KB) at Raulerson Hospital
For additional information about volunteering, please call (863) 824-2702.